Monday 8 February 2016

Monday Afternoon -- Review

After a short break (blogger shut this blog down, I appealed, and they put it back up)….we are back in action.  I'm looking forward to posting more about our practices this week!

Here's Monday afternoon.  Basic conditioning training, which will be done with the best and most consistent stroke technique possible.

Check out my commentary below:


I thought the workout went very well today.  I decided to change the "B" interval set a bit…I made the intervals a little harder (115, 230, and 5:00).  I felt that it was important to keep the "A" interval as quick as it was, but the original "B" interval was too easy to get what we wanted out of the set.

I thought we had a business-like attitude and we got something out of each part of the workout.

So, what do we want on this type of main set?  

1. A stronger effort, progressively throughout the set.

2.  Athlete's heart rate to be around 150 BPM to start the set, and finish around 162-174.  We don't check out heart rates very often, and we didn't as a group yesterday.  

3. Great stroke technique, all the way through.  As the HR increases, we want the athlete to maintain form.  

This is a fitness day, and a muscle endurance day!

On the "A" interval,  we had a few guys that were training on the faster side of our top "time range" (Jack was holding 357-352 on the 400s; Rip and Jacob were both right on the 4:00 or right under 4:00).   

Lots of great swimming on the "B" interval.   A few of our athletes are going to shift to more on "A" interval in the near future, and some of the athletes we had on the "A" interval will shift to the "B". 

Stay tuned, I hope to post the National practice for Tuesday around 2:45.

No comments:

Post a Comment